Easy Apple Dumplings—Turn store bought crescent rolls into a delicious and easy dessert by adding 7 simple ingredients. Delicious straight from the pan, or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to push it over the top!
Easy Apple Dumplings
Every year the local FFA sells fruit, and I can not pass up those delicious boxes of apples, oranges, and grapefruits. I usually buy a large box of each. This not only helps out the kids selling fruit but also helps me out with some of my fall recipes like these Apple Dumplings.
Seriously, this is like the easiest dessert you can make. It only has 7 ingredients! And most of these will already be in your pantry.
Apples rolled up in crescent rolls, covered in a mixture of orange juice, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Then baked for just a short time…The smell alone will have your whole house smelling like heaven!!
As these dumplings cook, they not only smell delicious, but they also soak up all of those juices. They literally just melt in your mouth. When you serve these, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
How to make Easy Apple Dumplings
2-3 Granny Smith Apples
2 tubes of crescent rolls
1 cup orange juice
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 stick butter
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1. Peel and core apples. Slice into 6 slices each.
2. Put one crescent triangle around each slice of apple.
3. Place crescent apples in a baking dish.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix and melt orange juice, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and vanilla. Heat until everything is dissolved. It will look like too much liquid but don’t worry; the apples and crescents will soak up the juice.
5. Pour mixture over crescent apples.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until rolls are brown and apples are soft. During the baking time, spoon juices over the top of the rolls.
7. Have a little self-control and cool slightly before eating.
8. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Be sure to check out this Chocolate dessert that is amazing!