Ultimate Loaded Potato Soup
A creamy, delicious, and easy potato soup that can be made in one pot. This Ultimate Loaded Potato Soup is pure comfort food and perfect for a cold winter night. All simple ingredients and perfect for any night of the week.
It is loaded with bacon, potatoes, cream of mushroom soup, and cheese. Full of flavor and very filling. It will definitely have you rubbing your belly with satisfaction.
Pin Me for Later!
Soup is one of my favorite meals to cook and eat. It just seems to go straight to your bones and warms your body instantly.
My daughter loves potato soup and wants this served regularly. I try to keep this on our dinner rotation menu during the winter months. It’s an easy soup to make, and I always like to have leftovers to eat for lunch the next day.
Ultimate Loaded Potato Soup is an easy soup to make. It certainly can be made during the week. It can be on the table– from start to finish– within an hour.
This soup can be customized with your favorite baked potato toppings-bacon, cheese, sour cream, green onions… and the list is endless.
Is Your Potato Soup Too Thick?
Potatoes are very starchy. When they cook, they release a lot of starch. Your soup may become too thick. If this happens, add more milk or broth to thin it down to the consistency of your liking.
I usually serve this soup with cornbread or crackers. It is a very filling soup. If needed, you could always add a side salad. Cheese toast is also great as a side. 🙂
What Toppings are Good for Ultimate Potato Soup?
You can top this creamy potato soup with your favorite toppings. My rule–if you can put it on top of a potato, it will be fine for your soup. The toppings are endless. Add what you like.
How to make The Ultimate Loaded Potato Soup
1. Start with a large soup pot. Place bacon in the soup pot and cook until it is crisp and brown.
Remove bacon from the grease. Set bacon aside.
2. To the bacon grease, add butter and let melt. Then add onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until onions are soft and fragrant. This should take about 5 minutes.
3. Time to make the roux. This is what will thicken your soup. Sprinkle flour over the onion and garlic. Stir well and let cook for a few minutes.
4. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk until smooth. Pour in the chicken broth and water and stir well.
5. To the pot, add cream of mushroom soup. Stir until combined. Add potatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
6. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer until potatoes are tender about 20 minutes or until you can pierce with a fork. Stir constantly to avoid sticking.
Top with bacon pieces and cheese. Enjoy!
Great served with cornbread.
I am all about cooking meals in one pot. Just grab a large soup pot and start cooking. Less to clean up when supper is over, and that is just a win-win in my book!
Leftovers are the best. Just store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. My leftovers usually don’t last that long.
This recipe will serve 8 adults easily and still have (possible) leftovers. Six adults ate this soup the night I made it, and my husband and I ate leftovers for two more nights.
I am sure you will love the combination of flavors in this soup. It is a big bowl of comfort!
Need a fast and easy 30 minute meal? Chicken and Dumplings will surely please those picky eaters. You can have this cooked and on the table in 30 minutes. Great for an after work meal when your family is starving! 🙂
If you like this recipe, be sure to share it on Facebook or Pinterest.