Easy No Churn Oreo Ice Cream
Easy No Churn Oreo Ice Cream is a creamy homemade dessert that comes together in minutes and is made with simple ingredients. It’s loaded with crunchy Oreos for a decadent ice cream treat. The perfect combination of flavors and textures to keep you cool on these hot summer days. Treat yourself and your loved ones to a satisfying, creamy dessert that will undoubtedly bring a smile to everyone who indulges.
As the summer sun blazes overhead, there’s nothing quite like a scoop of ice cream to provide a bit of coolness to ease the summertime heat. While there are many store-bought varieties, there’s something special in creating homemade ice cream right in the comfort of your home. This delicious, creamy, easy-to-make, no-churn ice cream offers a world of possibilities to unleash your creativity in the kitchen. Be sure to try Homemade Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream and Blueberry Ice Cream. They are both no churn recipes with a creamy texture and full of flavor.
What Is No Churn Ice Cream?
No Churn Ice Cream is homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker. It’s mixed with a stand mixer (or hand mixer). The base of the ice cream combines heavy whipping cream with sweetened condensed milk, making this a creamy and scoopable treat even when frozen. The sweetened condensed milk adds sweetness and keeps ice crystals from forming over the top. Unlike traditional ice cream, there is no cooking involved or special equipment. This is a recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Why This Recipe is Fabulous
Ultimate Chocolate Flavor: My family loves chocolate ice cream, and this recipe is always a winner when I pull it out of the freezer. This delicious ice cream is full of Oreo flavor with lots of crunchy crushed Oreos for eye-catching appeal and taste.
Easy Recipe: This is an easy recipe that anyone can make in no time with just a few ingredients. It only takes 10 minutes to mix and 6 hours to freeze.
Childhood Flavor: Oreo cookies were and still are one of my favorites. The first bite returns me to my favorite childhood snack- Oreo cookies and milk.
Fun: This is a fun recipe to get the whole family involved. Children will have fun crushing the cookies and making and eating homemade ice cream.
Ingredients Needed for Easy No-Churn Oreo Ice Cream
The ingredients are simple, and the best part about this recipe is that no ice cream machine is needed. The ice cream base is sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream. It’s all delicious flavors in easy-to-make no churn cookies and cream ice cream. You’ll be so glad you made this recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Sweetened condensed milk is the ice cream base. No whole milk is needed for this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – Choose a good brand of vanilla.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Make sure you pick up Heavy Whipping Cream, not Heavy Cream. These are two different items.
- Oreo Cookies (1 pound package) – Yes, one whole package of Oreo Cookies is needed for this recipe. This is what makes this ice cream spectacular.
- Chocolate Chips – The chocolate chips are optional, but add a crunch and more chocolate flavor. Use regular or mini chocolate chips.
How to Make this No-Churn Oreo Ice Cream Recipe
You will need a stand mixer or a hand held mixer to whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
Add Oreos to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped and crumbs. No food processor? No problem. Add the cookies to a Ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. You are looking for chunks and crumbs for the mix.
How to Store this Homemade Oreo Ice Cream Recipe
Store this no churn recipe wrapped tightly in plastic wrap in the loaf pan or an airtight ice cream container. This ice cream will last for several months in the freezer.
Tips and Variations for the Best Oreo Ice Cream
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. This takes about 8-10 minutes. It is essential to be patient and give the cream time to form, or it will result in a runny ice cream base.
- Be sure to combine all of the ingredients. Gently fold the whipped cream with the cookies.
- The hardest part is giving the ice cream time to freeze. It takes at least 6 hours or overnight for best results.
- Crush Oreo Cookies. You are looking for a combination of both small chunks and small crumbs.
- Store in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap to keep ice crystals from forming on the top of the ice cream.
- For a slight variation, switch up the cookies. Use chocolate chip cookies or vanilla Oreo cookies.
- Experiment with the flavors you like and devise your own combinations to make the ice cream yours.
How to Serve this No Churn Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream
Choose a serving style you love and treat yourself to a perfect dessert everyone will love. Serve a nice bowl of ice cream to visitors or guests. They may not leave.
Serve this ice cream as straightforward or as fancy as you like. It’s a beautiful recipe in waffle cones or ice cream bowls. Add some additional Oreo cookie crumbs and Cool Whip over the top.
Serve as a Sundae with chocolate syrup, nuts, and whipped topping.
Serve alongside a warm brownie. You can’t go wrong with that idea.
You do not need an ice cream maker for this recipe. You will need a stand mixer with a whisk attachment ( a hand held mixer will work), a food processor (or Ziplock Bag), a bowl, a mixing spoon, and a loaf pan.
Absolutely! This is a beautiful recipe to get the children involved in the kitchen.
It takes at least 6 hours for the ice cream to freeze. If you can wait, overnight will allow the ice cream to set correctly.
There is a good possibility you under-whipped your heavy whipping cream. Make sure you whip the cream until soft peaks form. The cream should hold its shape without collapsing.
For More No Churn Ice Cream Recipes:
No Churn Oreo Ice Cream
- 1 package Oreo Cookies 1 pound package
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 (14oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- Add Oreos to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped and crumbs. You are looking for chunks and crumbs for the mix-ins.
- Line a 9"x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Whip heavy whipping cream on medium-high in a stand mixer bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk. Add the cookie crumbs and chocolate chips. Reserve a few for the top.
- Pour into prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.