Italian Sausage and Pasta
One Pan Italian Sausage and Pasta is fast, easy, and delicious. This is perfect for those weeknight meals when dinner needs to be on the table fast.
This dish has become a family favorite for my family and is on the dinner rotation often. With the hustle and bustle of each day, there are just some nights when I don’t have a lot of time to cook dinner.
This Italian Sausage and Pasta recipe is cooked in one pan, making this dinner easy to prepare and easy to clean up.
Ingredients Needed for Italian Sausage and Pasta
1 Package Italian Sausage
How to Make One Pan Italian Sausage and Pasta
Add oil to a large skillet and heat to medium.
Cook the sausage, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes over medium heat.
Add: 1 jar/can of your favorite pasta sauce,
1 can Rotel tomatoes with juice,
1 can diced tomatoes with juice,
3/4 cup milk,
Pasta –I use Penne Pasta. Use your favorite.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Uncover, remove from heat and
top with 1 cup shredded cheese.
Tips for Making the Best One Pan Italian Sausage & Pasta
If your pasta is too thick, add more milk. I have done this before at the end of the cooking time. I uncovered and added another 1/4 cup, gave it a good stir, let it simmer another minute or two, then topped with cheese.
Feel free to use bulk sausage. Scramble the sausage, onion, and garlic then drain excess grease. Continue with the recipe as listed.
Pasta. Feel free to use your favorite pasta noodles. Penne Pasta is a favorite for my family. I like the way it cooks in this recipe. The pasta will take a few minutes longer to cook in this one-pan dish than if you were just boiling it. Keep it occasionally stirred, so it doesn’t stick.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Reheat on the stove top or in the microwave.
For other dinner ideas, try these, and you will have dinner on the table fast and a pleased family.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Home at Cedar Springs Farm may earn a small commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn More.
One Pan Italian Sausage and Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 package Italian Sausage 5-6 sausages cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 24 ounce pasta sauce your favorite
- 1 10 ounce can Ro-tel tomatoes with juice
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 12 ounces pasta noodles your favorite-I used Penne Pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a large skillet add oil and turn to medium heat.
- Cook the sausage, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add: 1 jar/can of your favorite pasta sauce, 1 can Rotel tomatoes with juice, 1 can diced tomatoes with juice, 3/4 cup milk, Pasta --I use Penne Pasta. Use your favorite.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Uncover, remove from heat and top with 1 cup shredded cheese.