Chicken Stir Fry
Make your own delicious take out stir fry with this easy recipe. Chicken, mixed vegetables, cabbage, mushrooms, peppers, onions, pasta noodles, and sauce. YUM! Don’t let the ingredients and the steps involved scare you from making this recipe. It is so worth it!
This recipe does feed at least 6 adults. It makes a large skillet full of tasty chicken stir fry. We had plenty of leftovers to enjoy later in the week. I don’t know about you, but I love me some leftovers! 🙂
There are 3 steps involved in this tasty chicken stir fry.
1. Cut up your chicken tenders into bite-size pieces. Batter, fry, and set aside.
2. Boil Pasta noodles. Set aside.
3. Chop vegetables, saute, then add sauce, chicken, and noodles.
That’s it! Done! Enjoy!
2.5 pounds chicken tenders– cut into bite-sized pieces
8-ounce package of sliced mushrooms
1/2 head of cabbage- chopped
1 green bell pepper -sliced
4 cups California blend vegetables– I used frozen vegetables
1 small onion– chopped
1/2 cup water
12 ounce package of spaghetti noodles–cooked
2 cups flour
3/4 cup corn starch
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 -12 ounce jar apricot preserves
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoon sesame oil
Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, batter, and fry. Set aside.
Cook pasta noodles according to directions on the package, drain.
Place 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and heat on medium-high.
Add cabbage and onion and saute for about 7-10 minutes. Add mushrooms, peppers, vegetables and 1/2 cup of water. Cover. Allow vegetables to steam and simmer. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
After vegetables are tender, uncover and add sauce, stir, and add cooked chicken and pasta noodles to the skillet. Stir well to ensure everything is coated well. Cook for about 10 minutes, turn off the heat. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
Be sure to check out my Creamy Southwestern Pasta Bake for another pasta recipe.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links! Home at Cedar Springs Farm may earn a small commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn More.
Chicken Stir Fry
- 2.5 pounds chicken tenders cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped
- 1 onion small, chopped
- 8 ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 4 cups California Blend Vegetables Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 ounce spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups corn starch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 12 ounce jar Apricot Preserves
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- In a plastic storage bag, mix together all of the batter ingredients. Set aside.
- Wash and cut chicken into bite sized pieces. While chicken is still damp, drop into flour mixture and coat well. Drop into hot oil and fry until done. Set aside. I had to fry the chicken in small batches.
- Cook pasta noodles according to directions, drain, set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons oil in a deep skillet and heat on medium heat. Add cabbage and onion and saute for about 7-10 minutes. Add mushrooms, peppers, vegetables, and water. Cover and allow the vegetables to steam and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- After vegetables are tender, uncover and add sauce. Stir. Add cooked chicken and pasta noodles. Stir well until everything is evenly coated. Cook for about 10 minutes. Turn off heat. The sauce will thicken some as it cools.