Creamy Southwestern Pasta Bake
If you like white pasta sauce, then you will love this Creamy Southwestern Pasta Bake. Chicken, pasta noodles, sour cream, cream cheese, shredded cheese, cream of mushroom and celery soup, Salsa Verde, and onion. My family loved this recipe!
Growing up in an Italian family, we ate a lot of pasta–lasagna, spaghetti, fettuccini alfredo, pasta casseroles and so on. We loved and still love to eat pasta dishes.
I have brought the love of pasta into my family now and try to cook different pasta dishes often. This Creamy Southwestern Pasta Bake is on our rotation menu monthly, and we always have leftovers to eat during the week. We had enough leftovers to eat two more times! This recipe makes a casserole dish full! In my opinion, the leftovers were better the second day! 🙂
This recipe calls for cooked chicken. I like to cook chicken breast or chicken tenders ahead of time, chop them up, and freeze until ready to use. This makes a meal like this–easy.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Home at Cedar Springs Farm may earn a small commission for purchases made after clicking links on this page. Learn More.
How to make Creamy Southwestern Pasta Bake
4 cups diced cooked chicken
12 ounces uncooked spiral pasta noodles
16 ounces Sour Cream
4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Style Cheese
1 can (10 oz) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can (10oz) Condensed Cream of Celery Soup
1 16 ounces jar Salsa Verde
1 small onion, chopped
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in pasta. Mix well.
3. Transfer to a greased 13″ X 9″ baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated and bubbly.
Serve with garlic bread, a salad, or Cheesy Stuffed Jalapenos.
For another pasta recipe–try Cheesy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Casserole.
Be sure to subscribe to my email and never miss a post!
Creamy Southwestern Pasta Bake
- 4 cups chicken cooked and diced
- 12 ounces spiral pasta noodles
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese I used 4 Cheese Mexican Style
- 1 10oz. can Condedsed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10oz. can Condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 16oz. jar Salsa Verde
- 1 small onion chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in pasta. Mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 13" X 9" baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated and bubbly.
- Serve with garlic bread, a salad, or Cheesy Stuffed Jalapenos.
I never through of adding salsa verde to a cream sauce for pasta. I am so excited to try this recipe now! Thank you for sharing.
Salsa Verde is soooo good! Let me know what you think!
This looks so delicious and so easy! Our family loves green salsa and cream of anything soup! Thanks for the recipe.
You are so welcome! Enjoy!
This looks like the ultimate rainy day comfort food! Yum! Thanks for sharing!
Yes! So yummy and the perfect comfort food!
This sounds seriously delish! And the fact that it can also be vegetarian means that everybody in this house will be happy! Thanks!
So welcome! Enjoy!
This sounds incredible! I’m definitely gonna try this! Saving this
Thanks, Jen! It is so delicious. Let me know what you think about it.
This recipe looks so delicious. I have been looking around for something new and I have found it. I will definitely be trying it!
This is worth trying and the left overs are awesome!
I love lasagna and can’t wait to try your recipe. I’ll have to wait until after the heatwave here. Thanks for sharing!
Yes, it’s hot here in Alabama as well. Thank goodness for air conditioners.:)
I absolutely love pasta bakes. This recipe looks amazing, definitely going to be trying it soon!
I also love pasta–several times a week! 🙂 Let me know what you think about this Creamy Southwestern Pasta Bake.