Homemade Strawberry Cobbler
Homemade Strawberry Cobbler has a crispy crust and a deliciously sweet strawberry filling. Perfect for a weekend dessert or a potluck. Fast to make and delicious to eat.
Every season I’m always excited for fresh strawberries to hit the farmers market. Usually, I buy so much and end up with more fruit than my family can eat.
This was the issue last year. I bought more fruit–strawberries–than my family could eat before going bad. Believe me–I made jam, jellies, desserts, and salads. We had our fill of fresh strawberries. And they were awesome!
I decided to freeze some of the berries for later use. Check out my post on how to freeze fresh strawberries. I also made strawberry cheesecake bars, strawberry dessert bowl, and homemade strawberry pie filling.
Why Should I Make This Recipe?
With it being springtime, and me trying my best to spring clean, I decided I would work on cleaning out the freezer. This is where the strawberries came into play. I ran across a bag of frozen berries in the back of the freezer. Yay!! It was like finding the prize in a box of cracker jacks.
This was a sign. A sign that I should make cobbler. I’ve wanted to make a strawberry cobbler for months, and now it was time! I pulled out my recipe and got to work. In just a matter of minutes, my cobbler was ready for the oven.
Be sure to try my Strawberry Lemonade for a refreshing drink. It’s sure to delight on a hot summer day.
The house smelled wonderful. Baked goods always seem to improve my mood, plus it earns me extra points with the family. 🙂
Begin with the Basics– Fresh Strawberries
This is a basic recipe, and I bet most of the ingredients are in your pantry. The strawberry filling is easy to make–strawberries and sugar. Just add a splash of lemon juice and a spoon of cornstarch. That’s it!
Nothing Beats a Flaky and Crispy Crust
The crust is a wet crust. Just mix, stir, and drop on top of your filling. Really. You can have this dessert made and in the oven in 10 minutes. I did. Waiting on it to cook will take some willpower!
Strawberry cobbler is great for a year-round dessert. If you don’t have fresh strawberries, frozen strawberries from your stash or the grocery store will work perfectly.
This cobbler has been family and friend tested. Everyone loved this cobbler the last time I served it. Believe me–you will have people asking for the recipe. And it is so easy to make.
Ingredients Needed for the Best Strawberry Cobbler
In a bowl combine:
How to Make this Delicious Strawberry Dessert
For complete instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and corn starch.
2. Make the topping.
3. Add strawberries to the casserole dish and add topping.
Subscribe to my email list and never miss a post!
For More Delicious Desserts, try:
Southern Caramel Cake— This delicious Southern Burnt Caramel Cake is a basic homemade butter cake topped with a cooked caramel frosting. The cake and frosting are made with simple ingredients easily found in most pantries—a true southern delight.
Southern Peach Cobbler—This is The Best Southern Peach Cobbler you will ever eat! It’s loaded with fresh peaches, brown sugar, and cinnamon and is topped with a crunchy delightful crust.
Southern Sweet Potato Pie–Simply Southern Sweet Potato Pie is a favorite in our house. It’s made with basic ingredients and turns out perfect every time. Try it with a dollop of whipped cream for an added touch.
Simple Strawberry Cobbler
- 6 cups strawberries sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13×9 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and corn starch. Stir well and allow to sit for about 10 minutes while you mix the topping.
- Topping: In a medium bowl, stir flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt well.
- Using a fork, mix butter and water into the flour mixture. Stir well. The mixture will be thick.
- Pour strawberry filling into the casserole dish. Spread evenly.
- With a spoon, drop the flour/sugar mixture over the top of the strawberries. With the back of the spoon, gently spread the topping over the top of the strawberries.
- Bake for one hour or until the topping turns brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Top with ice cream if desired.