No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
An easy No Bake Cookie Recipe that’s incredibly simple to make and everyone will love. These No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies only require a few simple ingredients and come together in minutes. These cookies are a perfect treat, loaded with cocoa, peanut butter, oats, and a few M&M’s, and great for any time of the year.
We all love a good cookie, and this no bake cookies recipe is no exception. I’ve been making this cookie for years, and it is still a family favorite cookie recipe. Try my other no-bake desserts- No Bake Pumpkin Pie, Fresh Homemade Peach Sauce, Oreo Cookie Balls, and Easy Banana Pudding.
Why You’ll Love This No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- This recipe is super quick to whip up. In just minutes, you will have cookies cooling on the kitchen counter.
- They are made with simple ingredients.
- They are loaded with lots of chocolate and peanut butter flavors.
- No need for a candy thermometer.
- A simple and easy recipe.
- A delicious treat that will cure your sweet tooth.
Ingredients Needed for No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Sugar– Granulated white sugar for sweetness.
Milk– I always use whole milk.
Unsalted Butter– I recommend unsalted butter for this recipe. If you use salted butter, omit the salt in this recipe.
Cocoa Powder– Unsweetened cocoa powder gives this cookie the chocolate taste.
Old-Fashioned Oats– This is what I use and have used since a little girl when making these cookies. Quick Oats will also work.
Peanut Butter– I used creamy peanut butter, but crunchy peanut butter will work fine.
Vanilla Extract– A little flavoring is all it takes.
Salt– If you are using salted butter, omit the salt.
M&M’s-These are optional, but I recommend using them for added chocolate and crunch.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
For complete instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Gather and measure all ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 full minute. Add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla, salt, and M&M’s. Stir to combine.
- Drop by a heaping tablespoon and allow to cool and set.
*Makes 24 to 28 large cookies. The amount/size of the cookies depends on how large you drop your cookies. I prefer a thick cookie, but make them thin if so desired.
Tips and Variations for Easy No Bake Cookies
Gather and measure your ingredients before you begin; this recipe moves quickly.
Bring to a boil and stir for 1 minute. This step is essential. It allows the cookies to set up nicely. Quickly add other ingredients.
Use a cookie scoop for more uniform cookies.
Add pecans or walnuts.
Add Chocolate Chips.
You might want to make a double batch because these go fast.
How To Store
Once the cookies are set, I store them in a zip-top bag or an air-tight container. After they cool, I like to separate the layers with wax paper or parchment paper before adding them to the container.
For More Chocolate Recipes, be sure to try the following:
Salted Caramel Chocolate Fudge
Chocolate Dipped Brownie Bites
Chocolate Marble Gooey Butter Cake
This is a simple recipe and the best oatmeal cookies around. They are slightly chewy cookies and make an easy dessert for any time of the year.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter (½ cup)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter crunchy will also work
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup M&M's optional
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper, nonstick foil, or parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa to a boil. Stirring occasionally. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Quickly add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla, salt, and M&M's. Stir to combine.
- Drop the mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet or paper. Allow to cool and set up at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Refrigerate or store in a cool area (to keep from getting soft) in an air-tight container for up to 3-5 days.
Perfect cookie to throw into the baking mix! Not only are they delicious but they don’t occupy the oven, which is SUCH a bonus right now!
I love no bake cookies, but this recipe is my favorite. So easy to make and super delicious!
Really tasty! I haven’t had the energy for full-on holiday baking this year but still wanted something sweet and festive – these were perfect and very low effort.
Drop cookies like these have been a part of my cookie rotation for years. I love the addition of the M&Ms!
Wow such a quick, easy and a fun recipe to make! Perfect for those moments of sudden pangs for sweet treats!!
These are the best cookies!! They’re so easy and they taste insanely delicious.
what an easy cookie recipe to make ! I love that is is no bake required
I’m always ready for a delicious dessert! Can’t wait to make it this weekend!
My favourite no-bake recipe! So easy, sweet and delicious! Cannot stop eating them every time I make them!
Whipped up a batch of these for an afternoon treat and they do not disappoint! Quick, easy and delicious; exactly what I needed to cure my sweet tooth!