These Steakhouse Sauteed Mushrooms are the perfect side dish and topper for steak, chicken, or pork. They are simple to make, add a ton of flavor to any dish, and are, most importantly, delicious.
Steakhouse mushrooms and onion are sauteed in butter and cooked until tender with garlic, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Add these to your steak for the best restaurant-quality dish made at home.
Why Should I Make This Recipe?
Straightforward Ingredients: All of the ingredients in this recipe are easy to find at your local grocery store. Most of the items I keep on hand year-round. I like to buy my mushrooms fresh and on sale.
Simple– This recipe comes together super fast. While the grill is going or dinner is in the oven, I whip up a pan of these delightful mushrooms as a topper or side.
Taste Great: These mushrooms just add a little bit of extra goodness to any meal. They are fabulous on top of a steak or a burger and go great with chicken or pork.
What About this Recipe is Fantastic
The simplicity of cooking a fantastic tasting dish in just minutes will impress your guest and add more flavor to the meal you’ve prepared. For example, if you are grilling a steak, these are genuinely the best mushrooms for steak.
Seasoning for Mushrooms
The seasonings for these mushrooms are quite simple. I like to use minced garlic, salt, and pepper. The chicken broth and Worcestershire Sauce flavor the mushrooms as they cook down and get tender. Sometimes simple is the best way to go.
How to Store Leftover Mushrooms
Store any leftover mushrooms in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. They will last for 3-5 days.
Tips for Making the Best Steakhouse Mushrooms
- Use mushrooms that are firm.
- Use your favorite brand and choice of mushrooms, such as baby Bella, white button, or cremini mushrooms. These are easy to find at most grocery stores.
- Buy whole mushrooms and slice before cooking.
- Add some fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or oregano.
Other Dishes to Serve with Steakhouse Sauteed Mushrooms
Other Side Dishes Great for Grilled Meats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion finely diced
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and onion and sauté for a few minutes until mushrooms begin to soften and the onion becomes translucent.
- Over low heat, stir in remaining ingredients and cook for 15-20 minutes.