Million Dollar Chicken Casserole Recipe
Million Dollar Chicken Casserole is a delicious and satisfying meal perfect for a busy weeknight. A dish that tastes amazing and is baked to perfection. This is my go-to chicken casserole; it comes together even faster with leftover chicken. It’s full of cooked chicken, a rich, creamy sauce, and topped with buttery crackers—a dish the whole family will love.
If you are looking for a chicken casserole, this is definitely one you need to try. It is full of flavor and is designed for those busy weeknights when getting supper on the table seems impossible. This dish effortlessly combines simple ingredients to form a hearty casserole that speaks volumes while enjoyed around the dinner table.
This creamy chicken casserole recipe will become your go-to dish for a fantastic meal. If you love this casserole, try Cheesy Chicken Pasta Casserole and Chicken and Yellow Rice Casserole. They are both family-approved and excellent for weeknight meals.
Why This Million Dollar Chicken Casserole is Fantastic
Easy: This casserole is simple to make and tastes like a million dollars! It truly is a great chicken recipe.
Balance of Flavors: The combination of ingredients works nicely, and the crunchy, buttery Ritz cracker topping balances the dish.
Versatile: This dish can be customized to your family’s preferences. Add bacon for those bacon lovers, more cheese, or even onions for more flavor.
Comforting: Casseroles are known for being the ultimate comfort food and heartwarming. This dish is not only a recipe the whole family will love but also great for guests.
Why Should I Make This Easy Weeknight Meal
The impressive flavors from this million-dollar chicken recipe are sure to become a family favorite. Instead of serving the same ole chicken dinner, kick it up a notch and have your family asking for more of this casserole. The ingredients are simple, and you can swap out a few items to make this work. A rotisserie or leftover chicken will cut down on prep and cook time. This casserole is a great way to treat your family and guests to a comforting meal.
Ingredients Needed for Million Dollar Chicken Casserole Recipe
Simple ingredients are mixed and baked until the topping is golden brown. See the printable recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients and amounts.
- Chicken – Cooked and shredded chicken is needed for this recipe. Feel free to cut down on time by using a leftover rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken from dinner, or boiling some chicken tenders.
- Cream Cheese – Softened cream cheese makes a creamy sauce.
- Cottage Cheese, Sour Cream & Cream of Chicken Soup – make this dish extra creamy.
- Seasonings – Garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper are the seasonings I use. Feel free to add some of your favorites.
- Ritz Crackers – Any brand of buttery cracker will work nicely.
- Butter – Melted butter is mixed with the cracker crumbs for a crunchy topping.
How to Make This Easy Dinner Recipe
See the printable recipe card below for the full recipe instructions and cooking time.
- Prepare the oven and baking dish.
- Combine ingredients (except crackers and butter) and spread in the prepared dish in an even layer.
- Add the cracker topping.
Tips for the Best Million-Dollar Chicken Casserole
How to Store Leftover Chicken Casserole
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container, wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Reheat leftovers in the microwave or oven for a few minutes or until hot.
This casserole combines chicken, cheese, creamy soup, crackers, and butter that work well together to form an utterly indulgent dish.
Yes. This recipe can use a whole chicken, chicken thighs, tenders, or breasts.
This recipe is not spicy, but add some diced jalapenos or red pepper flakes to the cream cheese mixture before baking for more spice.
This dish would make a great choice to serve on special occasions when you want to impress your guests with a flavorful meal.
More Chicken Recipes
Side Dishes for Million Dollar Chicken Casserole
For More Easy Dinner Recipes, be sure to check out the following:
Million Dollar Chicken Casserole
- 5 cups chicken cooked and shredded (about 2.5 pounds)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- ¾ cups sour cream
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup condensed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sleeve Ritz Crackers crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and cream of chicken soup. Spread into prepared casserole dish in an even layer.
- Combine crushed crackers and butter. Sprinkle over the chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes.